In the grieving process of losing my son Alex to an accidental drug overdose, I have started writing a blog as therapy. Not only has it helped me, but from comments received, it let's others know they are not alone and what they feel is sometimes exactly what they are SUPPOSE to feel. Bless you all who find yourselves in my position; I wish you weren't.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Loss

Sometimes we are faced with things we think we just can't handle. The death of a loved one is one. Whether young or old, it doesn't matter. We strive to try to find an answer, especially when it is unexpected. And we even question God. But we are not on God's timetable. We will never understand God's plan. And even if you don't believe in God, there will still be NO answer. But I can say personally when you have faith, a belief in a higher power of any kind, that faith will help you see a message in loss. It can be to cherish the ones we have. Not to take others for granted. To live every day to it's fullest and even enjoy those mundane moments. To love fiercely and be compassionate. And in that unconditional love, we may find some peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment