In the grieving process of losing my son Alex to an accidental drug overdose, I have started writing a blog as therapy. Not only has it helped me, but from comments received, it let's others know they are not alone and what they feel is sometimes exactly what they are SUPPOSE to feel. Bless you all who find yourselves in my position; I wish you weren't.

Monday, February 9, 2015

It is Valentine's Day; a day we get to show our loved one's a little extra love. For me it's Alex, who has been missed so much from this family for soon to be three years. Some ask me how I have coped with the death of my son Alex at age 26 of an overdose. I can only give this video advice though it may seem lengthy, Be brave, be strong, fight for your life to be free of drugs and the pain it causes not just you, but others. Don't make your mother and family go through this. Every one's life in this world matters and has a purpose and value. YOU are the one person that can make that choice. My reference to Ellen is because Alex knew I always wanted to see her show and dance and I finally went. I wish he could have come with me, but in my heart, he was. It would have been better to have had him by my side. All our lives would be better if he was here. He was an important man to this family. He was my son. And now, my angel.


P.S. To Mitch, you ARE a big part of this family, but if hurt so much to mention your part in this.
Only you and I understand what that truly means. Without you, a lot of this healing would not have happened. The link below, I hope it helps others who have lost a loved one.



http://youtu.be/d4G8xC6A8oY

2 comments: