In the grieving process of losing my son Alex to an accidental drug overdose, I have started writing a blog as therapy. Not only has it helped me, but from comments received, it let's others know they are not alone and what they feel is sometimes exactly what they are SUPPOSE to feel. Bless you all who find yourselves in my position; I wish you weren't.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

I am Momma K

My name is Terry, but everyone calls me Momma K; well, everyone except my kids and husband and co-workers. OK, ALOT of people call me Momma K. Anyhow, I am 51 and married and the proud mother of three wonderful kids. Take that back, I WAS the proud mother of three;  my son, Alex Philip passed away at our home in the early morning hours of February 18, 2012. This is going to be a long story to tell you about our lives, how it was before he passed, and how it's been SINCE he passed. So I am going to start at the beginning and get up to today as quickly as I can, but remember, there is a life span of 26 years that our son blessed us with, so it may not go as fast as you like, but it is the quickest I can go to get you to know Alex and all of us. But that will have to start tomorrow because already I am crying thinking about my son and I can't type like this. So later maybe, or tomorrow, I will introduce you to my family and go from there. love to all, and thank you for reading. Please feel free to share my story, I am hoping that it helps someone else cope with there loss, or just makes them more aware of the problems drugs and alcohol have not on only our young adults but how it affects the family also.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea Terry. I look forward to reading along. Much love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete